Data Privacy Statement
Your data will be protected in accordance with prevailing laws. The following paragraphs provide information on what data is collected while you are visiting the homepage and how data once transferred can be used and protected:
- Name and contact detail of the person responsible for data processing
This privacy statement applies to data processing by:
Conference interpreter Barbara Chisholm
Address: Ankogelweg 61, 12107 Berlin, Germany
Telephone: +49 30 7415463
- Collecting and storing personal data and its use
- When visiting the website:
The browser you used on the device you use in visiting my homepage will automatically send information to the website server which is stored in a so-called “logfile”.
The information stored in this way, will – without your active participation – be stored until automatically deleted and comprises:
- IP address of the requesting device
- Date and time of the original access
- Name and URL of the accessed file
- Accessing website (referrer URL)
- Browser used, if necessary including your computer’s OS plus the name of your access provider
The files mentioned are processed by me for the following reason:
- Ensuring safe establishment of a connection to the website
- Ensuring comfortable use of my website
- Analysing system security and stability
- Additional administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is art. 6, para. 1, p. 1 lit f GDPR. The above mentioned reasons establish my legitimate interest in data processing. I never use this data in order to draw conclusions about you as an individual.
- When using the contact form:
If you have any questions, you can contact me using a contact form provided on the website. This requires you to provide a valid email address so I know who sent the query and can answer it. Any further information is voluntary.
Data processing for the purpose of establishing contact with me is regulated by art. 6, para.1, p. 1 lit GDPR which regulates on the basis of your voluntary agreement. The personal data collected will be automatically deleted once your query has been dealt with.
- Distributing data
Your personal data will not be distributed to a third party for purposes other than those listed below.
I will transfer your personal data to third parties, if:
- You have given express permission acc. to art. 6, para. 1, p. 1 lit. f. GDPR,
- Distribution acc. to art. 6, para. 1, p. 1 lit. f. GDPR is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights and if there is no reason to believe you have an overriding interest warranting non-communication of your personal data to third parties,
- There is a legal obligation for data transferral acc. to art. 6, para. 1, p. 1 lit. f. GDPR, or
- If this is permitted by law and necessary acc. to art. 6, para. 1, p. 1 lit. f GDPR (BDSGVO) for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
- Rights of the person/s concerned
You have the right:
- To demand information (acc. to art. 15 GDPR) about your personal data processed by me, particularly regarding: the purpose of data processing, the category of personal data used, the category of recipients to whom your data was disclosed, the planned storage period, the right to correct, delete, restrict or object to said data processing, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data if not collected by me as well as information about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and if necessary, meaningful information on the details;
- To demand (acc. to art. 15 GDPR) the immediate correction of faulty data, and/or the completion of incomplete personal data stored by me;
- To demand (acc. to art. 15 GDPR) the deletion of your personal data stored by me which is required to exercise the right to free expression and information, to comply with legal obligations, as demanded by reasons of public interest or as needed to establish, exercise or defend legal rights or if you file an objection to data processing according to art. 20, GDPR;
- To demand (acc. to art. 20 German GDPR) receipt of the personal data you provided in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or transfer said data to another authorised individual;
- To rescind your agreement for the use of your data at any time (acc. to art. 7, para 3 GDPR) which would preclude continuation of the data processing initiated by your original consent;
- To complain to a supervisory authority (acc. to art. 77 GDPR); this would frequently be at your place of residence or work.
- Right of Objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest according to art. 6, GDPR, you may invoke art 21 GDPR to object to the processing of said data if there are reasons resulting from your specific personal situation or if you object to direct advertising. Should the latter be the case, your right to object is of a general nature and I will implement it irrespective of any notification regarding a specific situation.
If you would like to object or appeal, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Security
Within the website, the well-known SSL procedure is employed (Secure Socket Layer), adopting the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256 BIT encryption. Should you browser not support this, 123 Bit v3 encryption will be used instead. An encrypted data transfer of individual pages of my online presence is displayed by a key/lock icon in the bottom status bar of your browser.
I generally use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your data from accidental or international manipulation, total or partial loss, destruction or unauthorised third-party access. My security measures are continually updated in accordance with technological developments.
- Validity and Modification of this Data Privacy Statement
This privacy statement is currently valid, status September 2018